Welcome to The Karl Barth Society of Amherst, Massachusetts - a local chapter of the The Karl Barth Society of North America. This site is maintained by Chris TerryNelson. Please let me know how I can make this page a better resource for you. Email me, view my profile. You can also visit my new personal website, Disruptive Grace.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Nicholas Wolterstorff's Commencement Address


One rarely ever hears a commencement speech worth remembering. However, Wolterstorff proved a sage for the thousand students ready to move out into "the real world" of playing off loans AND one-month's rent. His speech, entitled "You Need Both Eyes," touched on the Reformed understanding of the coinherence of our hearts and minds as Christians. For we are called not only to be skilled and knowledgeable in our vocation and witness (the first eye), but also called to "weep with those who weep" (the second eye). Follow the link and read the entire address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home