Welcome to The Karl Barth Society of Amherst, Massachusetts - a local chapter of the The Karl Barth Society of North America. This site is maintained by Chris TerryNelson. Please let me know how I can make this page a better resource for you. Email me, view my profile. You can also visit my new personal website, Disruptive Grace.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tony's Guitar Blog

I'm proud to know Tony as a brother in Christ. His commitment to excellence has always astounded me, as well as his deep awareness of God's beauty in this world. We not only share the love of theological propositions, but also music, and the idea that these two arenas coinhere in very mysterious and beautiful ways. Tony has devoted himself to some incredibly difficult pieces by solo instrumental guitarists, which I was blessed to see the fruit of last Friday night at the Amazing Things Arts Center. Tony opened with a twenty minute set for Brooks Williams, our local guitar hero. Tony has taken lessons from Brooks over the years, and I think I managed one or two. It was a wonderful night of watching the Master and the Little Grasshopper in action. Read about it at Tony's Guitar Blog and check out the cool backstage photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home