Welcome to The Karl Barth Society of Amherst, Massachusetts - a local chapter of the The Karl Barth Society of North America. This site is maintained by Chris TerryNelson. Please let me know how I can make this page a better resource for you. Email me, view my profile. You can also visit my new personal website, Disruptive Grace.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

My Last Barth meeting

Our last Barth meeting was held in Great Barrington, thanks to the kind hospitality of Matthew Palardy. We were supposed to meet at the Helsinki Tea Room, but we were unfortunately late and could not keep Matthew there to hold our table. So Matthew led us to a wonderful gazebo in downtown that had its own spotlights built in. Here we were reading Barth while sitting cross-legged on the floor, with all the rich New Yorkers on holiday walking around us in the dark. Barth in the spotlight indeed!

I want to thank Scott, Leah, Glen, and Matthew for their commitment to the group since its inception last October. They now hold the reins for where the group goes. As far as I know, they plan to finish CD I/1 by December. And then the group will perhaps take a more pedagogic turn, with presentations and shorter/easier barth readings (e.g. Dogmatics in Outline, Romans commentary, Evangelical Theology, Word of God and Word of Man, etc.). Contact Leah at threewitnesses@yahoo.com or Scott at jacksongregg2002@yahoo.com if you have any questions about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home