Welcome to The Karl Barth Society of Amherst, Massachusetts - a local chapter of the The Karl Barth Society of North America. This site is maintained by Chris TerryNelson. Please let me know how I can make this page a better resource for you. Email me, view my profile. You can also visit my new personal website, Disruptive Grace.

Monday, July 10, 2006

A Prayer

"Laugh at me, Lord. Make light of my pompous and heavy pretentiousness. Let the medicine of your mirth heal while it stings. Dispel the humidity of my ponderous self-concern. Yes, when my thoughts grow tiresome, teach me to laugh with you until together we shatter the tinkling goblets of my emptiness and pride."
- author unknown (from Prayers for a New World, ed. by John Wallace Suter, 1964).
Thanks to Tom Fisher for this one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Cameron said...

Noting your members' interest in Barth, I wondered if they might be interested in my blog on one of Barth's interpreters, G C Berkouwer - www.theologyofgcberkouwer.blogspot.com

1:31 PM  
Blogger GoobyNelly said...

Thanks Charles. I'll add it to the list of blogs on the side!
I'm not very familiar with Berkouwer's work, but I hope to be soon.
Do you have any suggestions on where to begin?

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home