Welcome to The Karl Barth Society of Amherst, Massachusetts - a local chapter of the The Karl Barth Society of North America. This site is maintained by Chris TerryNelson. Please let me know how I can make this page a better resource for you. Email me, view my profile. You can also visit my new personal website, Disruptive Grace.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Which of Barth's Doctrinal Treatments Expanded Your Theological Horizons the Most?

After many months, I've decided to close down the poll and start anew. We had a good spread on this one. Not surprisingly, the doctrine of election was the most popular (36%), followed by the doctrine of reconciliation (22%), the doctrine of revelation (18%), the doctrine of the Trinity (16%), and the doctrine of Scripture (9%). Thanks for voting, and for the comments listed below:

Really hard choice actually - also his ethics and treatment of election.07/21/06 7:38:40 AM MST
Election. it broke the back of my hyper-calvinism06/15/06 6:07:10 AM MST
I cna't begin to put into words the value I see in Karl Barth's writings.When you 'get in the gove -- his gove," the reading progresses rapidly and truly opens the door to a deeper and more confident relationship with God and God in Christ. J Smithson06/07/06 8:35:42 PM MST
What? No entry for Christology?!05/11/06 7:10:52 PM MST
KB's doctrine of eternal election in Jesus Christ helped me get beyond the "insiders/outsiders" dichotomy and to perceive the depths of God's openness to us. - SJ04/27/06 3:05:29 PM MST

Now we turn to the contemporary Barth interpreters. Who's your favorite?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home